Friday, May 24, 2013

Is It What It Is? Can You Change It?

It is what it is, it's not what it's not..sometimes it also is what it's "not" and of course, sometimes it's NOT what it "is".

What am I saying? My belief in "fate" and "destiny" is really limited when I plug "freedom of choice" into the equation.

It is a fact that decision making and that factors that affect it can change the course of your life forever.

I like to liken life to my favorite sport, basketball. Basketball is a game of runs. Sometimes you're on a roll, scoring a lot of points, making good defensive plays, then the opponent either steps it up or you get complacent and you begin losing momentum, and you end up trailing and if you don't catch yourself and go on another run, you lose the game.

Pro-Basketballers have film sessions after each game, win or lose. In film sessions, they watch the tape of the game. They evaluate the game, see what could be better, and see what else they can do to exploit their opponent in the next game.

I think that in life, we should have regular film sessions. We should regularly evaluate where we are, what we're doing and what we can do to enhance our experience for best results.

In my next post I will explore how this could have helped me to avoid my latest "tragedy".

No comments:

Post a Comment